Sunday, May 26, 2013

Laurel - Take 2

As some of you may know, I have made a second entry in the Laurel contest, this time, in the "best detail" category. 

I started sketching ideas after Mister and I sent a week end in Rome where I fell in love with the dresses of the Valentino store! From that day, I wanted to buy some lace fabric, cut out the flowers and sew them back on a netting sort of fabric.



After a few visits to my usual fabric stores, I realised that this original idea would be quite pricy.
In the same time, we just booked our holiday to China and I thought I would need a nice linen dress to deal with the warm summer days. I decided to mix both ideas: a white linen dress, with lace appliqués. 



I gave this one a little bit more ease for warm days. I decided to hand sew all those little green lace flowers and have a spreading dandelion effect, as you blow them in the spring sky. And the same flowers would twirl on the back up to the opposite shoulder.





This was a lot of hand work. First, finding out where to lay them, and than actually sewing them. It took me a few evenings, watching TV series in the background!


I also encased the neckline and the sleeves hems with a bias i made with the same fabric as the dress.




That was my second Laurel!

I have a lot of ideas for the next post. Hint, I scored a Burberry coat for 47 EUROS! I was thinking about taking a few close ups and explain to the blogosphere why I will not even try to replicate it :)

3 comments:

  1. You Laurel dress is so beautiful, with all those lovely flowers! You look fantastic in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail in this dress! What an amazing job and you really showcase, with this and the previous post, how versatile this pattern and sewing are. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your site and will be on it often. Thank you for inspiring me to sew even if I am plus size. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails