Saturday, September 4, 2010

Getting started on my Lovely skirt...

I was meant to be working on a sew-along. I tried, but it involved a peplum, and the muslin made me feel pregnant... I have also been feeling a weirdly not creative for two or three days. The best way to get out of that, for me, was to use a TNT pattern, and a fabric that I love! Do you remember this dress? I made it for a wedding. I have decided to use the skirt pattern. It comes from the spring/summer Ottobre magazine.



I am going to use the gorgeous rose wool fabric that I got last week end. I am going to add a cute flower-y fabric underneath. It will be an underskirt. I will also make a simple belt to be sewn in at the waist in the rose fabric.

I have already cut and pleated the front and the back of the skirt. I have also cut both rectangles for my underskirt. The last one is simply going to be gathered.



Also, tomorrow, I am going to the "Stoffenspektakel"in Eindhoven... I am so excited! It is basically a huge hall filled with people selling fabric, and any sewing necessities. They range from cheap to expensive; basic quality to great quality... On my list, I have:

- linings
- interfacings
- a blouse fabric
- lucky findings???

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your skirt.
    There's an award for you over on my blog. I know you just did one of these, so don't feel obligated to play. Just wanted to let you know I like reading your blog :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just saw it 3 minutes ago! I might play along ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails