Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gertie's sew along: Pre-shrinking!

For the first time EVER, I have pre-shrunk my wool fabric. I know, I know, it is bad. But I actually did not know that you had to do it. I guess that that is an issue that you have when you learn by yourself AND on the spot...

I was not ready to pay for a visit at the dry cleaner and I tried to figure out how to do it by myself. And the answer presented itself in the small forum that we have in our flickr group! There was a link to an easy breezy tutorial.

Here is the basic how to (of course, the tutorial explains it better):
- you zig zag the sides of your fabric
- you take 2 or 3 big bath towels dipped into warm water
- you put them in your dryer with your fabric for a while

And Tadaaaaaa!

See you tomorrow for more adventures!


1 comment:

  1. I love that first photo. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I have to make a Halloween costume for my daughter while working on the coat at the same time. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails